Friday, June 30, 2017

"Different..." ~ January 2017

*I recently switched up my blogging gameplan.  For now, I am simplifying my posts with the hope that I can return to my more detailed posts in the future.  Since I am still catching up, I am writing as if it was during that month.  Hopefully I will be able to blog in the present again soon! 

Giving God Glory
God of New & "Different" ;)

Isaiah 43 has been a very special passage to me during this new season for many reasons!  Recently with the new year, Wes and I have been reflecting on the various differences and some similarities of our past season in suburban CO Springs and our new season in rural Ohio.  There was a time where we joked that the word "different" had almost become like a swear word to us because we kept saying it so often of how various aspects in our new season were not necessarily good... or bad... just... "different."  The Lord is very gracious to not allow His children to get set in their ways and keeps seasons of life new and "different" ;)  because it keeps us dependent upon Him and growing.  There are times I have been resistant to "different" aspects of our season, and the Lord has been encouraging me to embrace the new and "different" ways He is at work because it is better (though I may not always see how at first) and is what is best for me because He knows what is best for me (even though I often think I know what is best).




Marriage Memories
     
Enjoying the "same" of intentionally seeking to spend together just the 2 of us in the midst of the season of "different" ;) * Wes expressed appreciation of who I am & all I do in a tangible way with these flowers




Family Fun
     
Our fam felt like we were on an all-expenses-paid-vacation when we got to stay in the Davidson Cabin while hosting at Heartland 
FYI ~ photo of Davidson Cabin is from in the summertime


A Heartland family friend Noah's age had a birthday party at Heartland while we were there hosting which worked out great! ~ playing "Gaga" game


Dodge Ball



Wes has been having fun with all kinds of projects to make our property "ours" ~ ex. railroad-ties steps (to help with going up the hill of rocks) and path to our barn (to help with the "swampiness" that occurs at times in this lower spot on our property)




Noah News
7 years old 
Being silly with a stickers beard ;)

Continued prayer that the Lord would graciously save Noah at a young age and lead him to walk with the Lord all of his days, if that be the Lord's will.
Praise for Noah continuing to grow in being kind to Josiah.  
I asked Noah what he would like loved ones to pray for him, and he said, "For more brothers and sisters."  Noah shared with me how he wants more brothers and sisters because that means he would have more friends to play with since he is continuing to grow in realizing how his brothers are his main source of playmates, especially with us living in the country and homeschooling. ;) 




Josiah Joys

4 years old
Having fun with some silly glasses

Continued prayer that the Lord would graciously save Josiah at a young age and lead him to walk with the Lord all of his days, if that be the Lord's will.
Praise for the Lord continuing to grow Josiah in having a tender heart spiritually. - ex. One time when Josiah and I were talking about how the Lord wants us to love others and specifically discussing a situation where Josiah was not being kind to Noah, Josiah started to break down crying.  I asked him what was wrong, and he said, "I hate my sin!  I feel so bad that I was mean to Noah.  So bad..."  I told him that I wish I hated my sin like he did and encouraged him with 1 John 1:9 that when we ask Jesus for forgiveness that He is faithful to forgive us so we don't need to feel bad anymore about our sin but can have joy that our sin is forgiven.  That brought a smile to his face, and he gave me a big hug.  Lately Josiah has been randomly proclaiming, "I hate my sin!"  Please pray that he continues to have a tender heart to the Holy Spirit's work (Ezekiel 36:26-27).




Samuel Sentiments
22 months

Continued prayer that the Lord would graciously save Samuel at a young age and lead him to walk with the Lord all of his days, if that be the Lord's will.
Praise for Samuel starting to interact and play more with his brothers and for Noah and Josiah overall responding kindly to him and including him.  Please pray for the Lord to give Wes and me faithfulness in parenting and to help Samuel to honor and obey Him by honoring and obeying us as Samuel is starting to manifest his spunky personality in disobedience more often (Ephesians 6:1-3).




Bro Bonding
Let the many wrestling matches begin! ;)


     
Waving goodbye to Daddy as he leaves for work in the morning from our front bay window * Bros in their favorite eating spot - "on the brown" -  in our family room 


     
Storm Trooper "Noahnator" vs. Darth Vader "Jobeezie" * Noah sharing his hot wheel cars with Samuel



Samuel wanting to color with markers just like his big bro, Josiah

No comments:

Post a Comment